Reports to: European Merchandising Manager
Hours: Full time
Founded in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California. A certified B-Corporation, Patagonia’s mission is to build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $90 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.
For our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a: Wholesale Product Merchandiser
Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis. Your role will contribute to this by implementing product strategy for the Wholesale channel and achieve the European business goals.
- To build the relevant assortment for wholesale channel, analyse the performance of the line and work tightly with the Demand Planner to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Price the line in all currencies and analyse margins and profitability by categories.
- To be the European Wholesale product champion, providing market analysis, feedback and areas of opportunities to the Global Product team based in Ventura.
- Work closely with the Sales team and Country managers to gather market insights and provide a guideline of seasonal relevant account assortment.
- Work with the Product Assistant and Marketing on seasonal workbook and GTM tools.
- Present the line at Global or Regional sales meetings and to Key Accounts.
- To be a key participant of two Trade shows per year.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher within Product, Marketing or Economics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within product merchandising in the Outdoor industry.
- Fluency in English, other languages are a plus.
- Advanced computer skills – excellent Excel capabilities and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Prior experience with using analytical skills to collate feedback, interpret data and develop strategy (e.g. Cognos, Power BI).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel around Europe or USA for business meetings.
- Have a true passion for your product portfolio and a genuine, technical interest in driving their success.
If you are interested, please forward your motivation letter and CV in English with subject WHL Product Merch / AMS by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org