Hours: Full Time
About the brand:
“Necessity – the mother of invention.” Sealskinz is a creation of necessity, it’s about the need to be first out and last in, the need to defy the outdoors, the need to defy the cold and the wet, the need to perform, the need to protect.
Sealskinz was the pioneer of the Endurance Accessories market. Since the launch of its first waterproof sock in 1998, Sealskinz has been the market leader and maintains its position by developing new products and technologies that enable its users to get out and stay out for longer. The company’s products are now available in more than 40 countries and are used by athletes and adventurers the world over to get out and stay out whatever the weather.
To ensure staff, internal and external, can communicate all the features and benefits of Sealskinz products to the end consumer, with the objective of maximising sell through. In addition to manage the installation and upkeep of Sealskinz product and POS in all targeted accounts to maximise brand presence and image present the strategic brand image in a retail environment. Provide competitor and market feedback to the relevant departments and to manage and attend demo days and events where relevant.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensure targeted customers and staff are trained about the technical benefits, to the appropriate levels are met.
- Produce and agree a training calendar on a biannual basis that accommodates the company and customer needs taking into consideration key selling periods, trade shows, consumer events and all deadlines.
- Plan the time needed with all specified accounts to cover training and merchandising responsibilities.
- Run retail staff training sessions.
- Continuously gain and communicate to all relevant parties, information on Sealskinz competitor product technology, styles, prices, POS, marketing activity etc.
- Ensure that all Sealskinz POS and Merchandising equipment within store is used effectively to promote the brand and increase sales, and that the in-store environment is as positive for Sealskinz as possible.
- To be involved with trade and retail shows throughout the year working both week days and weekends where appropriate.
- Sales/Marketing/Merchandising experience
- Retail & training experience preferable
- Excellent presentation skills verbally and use of computers etc.
- Great communicator both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, self-motivated and energetic
- Able to work successfully with a variety of people
- Diary / time Management
- A passion for the outdoors
- Able to work away from home – occasional weekend work
- Clean full driving licence, willing to travel extensively with multiple nights away
- Computer skills with all MS Office etc.
- A Level or equivalent
Closing date –
Tuesday 31st July 2018
Please send CV and covering note stating what motivates you to come and work for Sealskinz to: