Reports to: Director Brand Activation & Trade Marketing EMEA
The Trade Marketing Manager is a senior role for an experienced local Marketing expert that brings well-balanced expertise of the entire marketing mix, including communication, PR, events and category management. The core task is to manage and develop the Newell Brands Outdoor Recreation business focusing on the two brands Coleman and Campingaz , but also supporting the brands Sevylor and Aerobed . The role will closely collaborate with the EMEA Brand Activation Marketing team and UK Sales Team, including the Commercial Director to which the role will have a dotted reporting line.
The role is including personnel responsibility for one direct report.
The selected candidate will be responsible to define and execute the UK Marketing plan in line with budget. The role requires broad and deep knowledge of the UK trade and outdoor market to identify crucial needs and opportunities to grow the UK business. He/She will need to use this knowledge to ensure global initiative plans are fit for use for the UK and are introduced with best possible local launch support in line with budget.
Within the EMEA region, the UK belongs to the top 3 focus markets and is set on an ambitious growth plan expected to deliver over-proportional growth.
Generates market insights
- Identifies and exploits market opportunities in the UK. Thinks out of the box and challenges the status quo.
- Generates consumer, shopper and customer insights through developing a close and deep understanding of the UK Market and key players in that market.
Develops, manages, measures and executes the annual UK marketing plan
- Builds convincing business plans to ensure management support. Provides active and significant input into local Budget Process.
- Builds local communication plan towards end users and trade based on centrally developed materials (e.g. POS, instore, photo, video, catalogue). Creates local material in close collaboration with headquarter. Creates promotion strategies for the business.
- Ensures efficient and effective placement towards target group. Makes sure each initiative has clear messaging on consumer relevant benefits and features. Tracks success.
Manages UK Brand & Product Portfolio and executes Product Launches in the UK
- Manages life cycle of UK portfolio, incl. launch planning, phase out planning and E&O management. Ensures efficient SKU line-up.
- Leads customer exclusive SKU planning (SMUs) for the UK, incl. internal approval process
- Ensures input for UK market into global and regional NPD initiatives is on time and complete. Makes sure initiative is locally maximized in its impact.
Grows Sales and Profitability
Ensures that pricing and profitability is in line with targets.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing. MBA or equivalent is considered a plus
- 4-6 years experience in local Marketing Position, preferably in Outdoor, Sports, Durables or other technical / complex consumer products.
- Solid expertise in all Marketing Mix Elements with strong focus on Trade Marketing. Additional experience in Communication and / or Sales is considered a plus.
- Excellent strategic and operational skills: a strong strategic thinker with sophisticated analytic skills (incl. financials) that has proven to turn insights into action
- Outstanding communication skills, being able to effectively communicate with a diverse multi-functional team with different personal backgrounds across different locations.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in EMEA region, with over 5000 employees spread over 60 locations including corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands are strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, Graco, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot, and Marmot. We stay passionate and curious about our consumers. We know that nothing great can be accomplished without courage. That’s why we don’t just dare to dream - we dare to act.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV* together with supporting email to email@example.com
*By submitting your CV, this will be taken as acknowledgement of your agreement to allowing us to store your information on file to be considered for other suitable positions with the company. ”