Department: Supply Chain
Building a family of brands for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. And we’re also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures, Ted Baker footwear and Kickers in the UK.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Our global HQ is in the UK and we employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
As Senior Product Developer – Outdoor you will:
Lead on-time development of all products for the Outdoor category using advanced product engineering from concept stage ensuring consumer relevance, optimal cost, quality assurance, reliability, regulatory compliance, safety and speed-to-market.
- Responsibility for product manufacture feasibility and effective product/cost engineering with rigorous cost breakdown analysis to deliver cost management/validation to margin requirements for assigned products
- Creation and translation of all development documentation ensuring clarity and understanding throughout the supply chain ensuring key calendar milestones are achieved.
- Interface with Asia team counterparts to optimise development process and prototype approval, empowering ‘close to source’ responsibilities
- To provide key milestones ‘hit rate’ statistics for monthly KPI reports - Creation of product specifications, testing, prototype assessments and sealed samples OTIF
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation, optimising advances in new technology and upholding Brand standards
- Ensure Insight and customer needs are at the center of development decision making and Product engineering
- Collaborate with category product team to understand and accomplish seasonal product concepts. Participate in fit sessions and product review with product team regarding assigned products, instruct amendments to vendors to ensure prototypes accurately reflect construction specifications.
- Integration of Quality and CI feedback loops – Risk assessment to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, regulatory and safety compliance, manufacturing capability and efficiencies.
- Share technical expertise to development team members to support building product specialism to meet current and future needs of the Outdoor category
Needs to have
- Product Development experience within the Outdoor category or equivalent
- Garment and pattern engineering with specific reference to driving out cost and fit improvement.
- Experience engineering both products and patterns to enhance margin and reduce waste.
- People management/ development principles and processes.
- Good computer skills including Illustrator, Word, Power Point, Excel and E mail.
- Strong team player, able to lead when required, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Needs to be
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate to a wide and diverse audience
- A strong team player
- Able to identify, work with & influence key stakeholders
- Passionate about our products, Development and company success
To apply please click here