At Outdoor & Cycle Concepts Ltd we believe people are happier outside.
Our mission is to inspire and support people to actively get outside by delivering unrivalled expertise, quality products from the best brands and making it easy, fun and exciting to shop across all channels.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Manager for Cotswold Outdoor and Snow+Rock is responsible for the successful planning and implementation of the marketing and communication strategy.
This role is pivotal for building brand awareness and driving customer acquisition and retention.
Your role will cover the following key responsibilities:
Marketing Strategy & Plan
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop and deliver a customer first marketing strategy and plan for Cotswold Outdoor and Snow+Rock to retain existing and increase new customers.
- Develop and report on clearly defined and measurable marketing KPIs contributing to overall footfall and sales.
Campaign Development & Delivery
- Based on the overarching strategy, responsible for developing the weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual campaign calendar ensuring:
- Full alignment with Business Objectives
- Key retail dates, brands, categories and products are maximised
- An appropriate balance between Brand, Promotional, Tactical campaigns
- Alignment with Online Strategy, Supplier Brand Partnerships, and Strategic Partnerships
- Lead the campaign process including concept creation, studio briefing, approval process, production, delivery and reporting for both brands:
- Align with Buying Strategy
- Define measurable Marketing Objectives
- Develop key Customer Themes and messaging
- Work with Studio team to create compelling, engaging and commercially effective campaigns for all channels
- Consider and deliver Point of Sale solutions to ensure campaign take down in-store
- Partner with Ecommerce team to deliver campaign through online channels
- Post campaign review, learnings & best practices
Customer Acquisition & Retention
- Act as the Brand Guardian internally and externally ensuring the brand purpose, proposition, values and personality are adhered to.
- Responsible for building Marketing Plan to build brand awareness and customer acquisition through in-store and national, regional and local activation via:
- Media: Print, Digital (with Digital Marketing team), OOH
- PR (B2C & B2B): Responsible for day to day PR agency relationship to deliver strategic editorial coverage in key titles
- In-store events (customers & press)
- The use of authentic influencers and ambassadors
- Alignment with Trade Marketing and Partnership teams
- Build customer retention and loyalty through defining and delivering Customer Retention & Loyalty strategy via:
- Customer profiling
- Segmented and personalised email strategy
- Print mailings
- Loyalty Programme
- Work with retail development and retail teams to provide marketing support for store openings, refurbishments and closures including customer communication (pre, during and post opening):
- External brand related signage
- Campaign related customer messaging
- Static POS and images
- General customer messaging
- Align with Trade Marketing Manager to maximise Supplier Brand Trade Marketing opportunities (events, content, assets etc.) and incorporate into overarching Marketing plan.
- Manage a team of marketing executives to deliver a compelling customer first marketing strategy.
- Develop team marketing expertise and skills.
Budget & Marketing ROI
- Responsible for the management of the Marketing budget and associated process.
- Lead in defining, measuring and reporting against marketing KPIs
The successful candidate will have the demonstrable experience of the following:
- Experience in fast paced retail environment
- Understanding of balance between brand building and tactical communication
- Multichannel marketing background
- Commercial awareness
- End to end campaign delivery
- Budget management
- Cross function working
- Marketing team leadership
- Collaborative hands on approach
- Action orientated
- Organised and excellent at multi tasking
- Detail focused
- Able to multitask
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Solutions driven
- Ability to lead a team
Alongside your CV, please enclose a covering letter explaining why you want to work for us: and send to email@example.com