Who we are..
MotoDirect Ltd has established itself as a leading manufacturer, distributor and reseller of technical apparel and PPE within the Motorcycle, Cycle and Autosport industries. With market leading own brands RST, Wolf and TrikMoto and a portfolio of the biggest global brands; Arai, AGV/Dainese, Motul we specialise in providing protective technical outerwear, lubricants and equipment to 2 and 4-wheel users.
Motodirect are looking for an experienced Senior Garment Designer to join our team at our Derbyshire head office. The role has been created due to the expansion of our Design department and our desire to enhance our brand offers globally.
Senior Designer - The Role:
- To take a managerial role in the Product Design and Development team in Designing innovative, functional and safety driven commercial Motorcycle garments and apparel.
- To be fully engaged in the complete design process, from origination of design concepts and briefs, including working on given briefs, to support of all range planning activities, through prototyping to salesman samples and review.
- To update a wide knowledge of and conduct targeted research into the market and usage via media, trade shows, retail visits, own wear and rider liaison.
- To use extensive and detailed knowledge of performance fabrics and technologies to contribute to materials innovation and selection.
- To produce product specifications in the detail required to realise the garment successfully and within cost, working closely with the Product Development and Design departments.
- To liaise with and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose.
Senior Designer – Who you’ll be…
- Excellent creative flair, commercial acumen and sound judgement.
- Versatility to work on a broad range of product categories.
- Team management experience from Designers to Interns
- A passion for technical protectives and a wide, continually updating knowledge of technical outdoor clothing and equipment in the market.
- Sophisticated aesthetic skills in colour, trim and fabric selection.
- Detailed understanding of fit requirements and garment construction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of performance fabrics and technologies.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines.
- Relevant involvement in the performance protective clothing market and experience in a similar position with relevant brand(s).
- Previous experience of liaising with and visiting factories in Asia.
Salary dependant on experience – range to £45k
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Terry Birtles. Email firstname.lastname@example.org