Reporting to: Commercial Director
Responsible for: Development of Regional Commercial opportunities
Location: Field based, regular attendance at Nottingham HQ
Travel: Frequent UK travel
Gill has grown for over 40 years into an established quality technical apparel brand, serving sailors across the sport from grass roots to professionals, and from Dinghy to Ocean Sailing. We design everything by listening to sailors and their needs, and we test everything both in our lab and on the water to make sure our kit delivers. Distributed around the world to 37 countries and more recently through a global Ecommerce platform. Gill enjoys the position of a leading brand within its sector, and has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service.
As a regional Sales Account Exec, you will be a key member of the Gill sales team, responsible for looking after the companies most important wholesale and corporate customers throughout the UK. The geographic area is regionalised to ensure focus, but as you would expect there is a very strong concentration by coastal areas. This role involves building strong commercial relationships with accounts, most of which the company has traded with for many years.
Responsibilities include (but not exclusively):
- Develop sustainable, profitable sales of Gill products through effective management of an assigned regional portfolio of retail customers and corporate partners within a specified region.
- Plan business to deliver sales in accordance with pre-defined sales and distribution targets.
- Ensure timely receipt and entry of all pre-season orders to aid the buying process and maximise the Company’s delivery performance.
- Visit assigned customers on a regular, appropriately scheduled basis, building long term business relationships.
- Identify, open and develop relevant prospective retail and corporate accounts, ensuring effective territory management and appropriate distribution spread.
- Pursue opportunities for at once / in –season Sales utilising daily at hand and forward stock information.
- Complete all necessary administration accurately and on time.
- Complete Specified Reporting – including weekly contact schedule, weekly sales report, Quarterly Report and any other ad hoc requirements.
- Ensure provision of optimum customer service to all accounts via communication with support functions e.g. customer service, credit control, marketing
- Conduct regular staff training sessions, both formal and informal, ensuring that all staff are fully conversant with the features and benefits of the product range and strongly motivated to sell the brand.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure the positive development, implementation and success of trade marketing campaigns consistent with the brand guidelines and strategic direction of the brand in the UK
- Ensure close liaison with your Manager and other colleagues.
- Order book Management: be completely conversant with current sales and order book status and assume responsibility from gaining orders through to fulfilment.
- Provide regular feedback to your Manager, covering the marketplace, competitor activity and product development.
- Ensure that presentation of the Gill brand in store, is maximised, is highly visible, and is consistent with the brand image and guidelines.
- Any other duties as assigned to the job holder within the job holder’s capabilities.