Want to join our team?
Combining years of experience with the latest technologies and fabrics, we are proud to create ground breaking products that revolutionise the way people dress in the mountains. Always embracing innovation our clothing and equipment shows a deep understanding of the environment our products are worn in and an evident passion for the outdoors.
For this exciting new role, we’re looking to recruit an Equipment Developer / Technologist to join our Design team at our Derbyshire Head Office on a full time permanent basis.
You will support the design and development process through to sales samples and then support the production process to ensure products successfully reach the market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with designers to enable efficient product development, driving and monitoring development timelines alongside designers
- Monitoring and recording incoming samples and review development samples alongside designers
- Checking and producing outgoing factory communications to ensure accuracy, clarity & adherence to Rab standards
- Creating product specifications, product bill of materials, QC documents for manufacturing partners and compile QC reports
- Managing an efficient material and component library. Digitising patterns with Gerber system
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including material and component suppliers
- Responsibility for fabric, material and component testing and liaise with suppliers on pricing and development
- Assisting in colour and fabric development, manage fabric lab dipping process and ensure consistency
- Involvement in cost engineering of products
- Traveling to factories for product development, cost engineering, QC and production monitoring. Liaising with Asia QC teams on ongoing production
For the role, you will need skills and experience in:
- Working within a softgoods product development role
- Development and manufacturing experience with overseas factories
- Creating and monitoring complex product development timelines
- Performing meticulous product inspections and maintaining clear records
- Working with patterns and Gerber/Lectra systems
- Highly competent with InDesign, Illustrator and Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail, with a meticulous and methodical approach
- A commitment to teamwork and the ability to self-start and work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication standards
Ideal, but not a prerequisite, would be:
- Knowledge of softgoods / equipment construction and production
- Degree in a relevant field
- An active interest in outdoor sports
- Previous experience of the outdoor industry
What we can we offer you in return:
A competitive salary, company bonus scheme, pension, life assurance, flexible working schemes and an early finish on Fridays. There’s staff discounts on our products and we offer a wide range of reciprocal trade discounts with other suppliers. There’s a casual dress code and we operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment but we work hard to get the job done. We have great modern office facilities and free on-site parking.
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is 24 September 2018. Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter via our recruitment portal through the following link: to apply please click here
For general enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. No Agencies please.