Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee owned company serving the Outdoor, Work at Height and Rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’.
The Petzl UK Agency is the Lyon team dedicated to servicing Petzl in the UK and Ireland. The key responsibilities of the agency include: sales representation, marketing, sales administration, technical support and aftersales, for both the sport and professional markets.
Lyon provides a friendly, working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Petzl Sales and Accounts Administrator to join our busy Sales department based at Tebay.
The Sales Department:
The Sales Department is part of our Customer Services function and is responsible for the processing of all our customer purchase orders, dealing with customer enquiries (stock levels, prices, technical questions etc.) and managing customer accounts.
In addition to working directly with our customers, the sales team also work closely with other departments both here in the UK and Petzl France including;
- Logistics – Despatch queries, stock issues and deliveries.
- Purchasing – Enquiries from customers about lead times and special orders
- Finance – Dealing with invoice queries and providing holiday cover for posting incoming payments
- Sales Reps – Relaying information about customers
- After Sales – Warranty returns and advice and providing holiday cover
It is essential that you are happy working as part of a small team in an open office environment!
This is an administrative and technical role and requires both practical user experience of the products and strong administrative skills. The job is well suited to someone with experience in outdoor retail or education, customer service, work at height or administration.
Reporting to the Petzl Sales Office Manager, the job will involve:
- Computerised sales order processing- knowledge of SAP would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be given
- Giving technical information and advice on our products
- Developing customer relationships and understanding their needs
- Identifying alternatives or substitutions for items out of stock
- Proactive selling
- Creating Quotations
- Chasing late payments
- Preparing reports and documents
The person we seek will ideally meet the following essential criteria:
- Have good computer skills, with the ability to pick up new systems easily
- Ideally have experience of computerised stock/accounting packages
- Have practical user knowledge of some of the products from our range and be keen to learn
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be organised and numerate, with a good attention to detail
- Possess good language and communication skills, both written and verbal – essential for dealing with our customers
- Be self-motivated and also happy to work as a team member
- Be willing to undertake personal training and development
- Have enthusiasm - a sense of humour would also be good!
Hours of work:
- This is a full time position which equates to 37.5 hours per week. We work slightly longer hours Monday – Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week! These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £16,000 - £18,000
- 30 days paid holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we distribute
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free use of Company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a three month probationary period you will be offered:
- Inclusion to our qualifying pension scheme, which currently exceeds the government standard
- Membership of our private healthcare scheme
- Lyon is an employee owned Company; after the appropriate qualifying period, you will be invited to become a shareholder when the next share offer is made
Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.lyon.co.uk, alternatively please contact Brenda Thexton on 015396 24040.
Please return your completed application (you may also include a C.V should you wish) to:
Emma Pont - HR Manager
Lyon Equipment Limited
Units 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: 1 February 2018
Interviews likely to take place week commencing: 12 February 2018