MBC is looking to recruit to the role of Marketing Assistant. Working from our Newcastle office, we are seeking a multi-talented individual, with a strong marketing skill set, passion and knowledge for technical outdoor sports, who is able to add additional power and resource to growing our leading portfolio of Outdoor and snow sports products.
Working alongside the PR and Marketing Manager duties will include-
- Assist with all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Managing, communication and optimisation of our athlete teams across climb and ski categories.
- Organisation of retailer and consumer events and resources, including trade shows.
- On line content, including Social media co-ordination, Web site content update and generation
- Point of sale concepts and implementation
- PR responsibilities including, liaison with journalists, publications and web sites on product seeding and testing. Product promotion opportunities – looking at options and placements of online and magazine promotions such as competitions, subs offers and give away
- Advertising creative input
- Compiling images/assets and distribution to internal team and retail partners.
- Generate communications with consumer and retailer databases.
- Press communication – press release / product alert writing and distributing, following up with potential opportunities.
- Press Coverage monitoring – keeping abreast with magazine and online coverage and distributing to MBC team
Successful candidates will demonstrate –
- A strong set of marketing skills, including modern media and marketing techniques
- A can do will do mentality
- Creative, writing and web content generation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with ability to work as part of a team and alone.
- Competence in computer skills, office, word, photoshop etc.
- An understanding and ideally participation in climbing, alpinism and snowsports
- Willingness to travel and availability to work selected weekends
The post comes with an attractive package
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Optional private medical care
- Death in service benefit
- Staff annual allowance
- Optional company pension scheme with employer
- Holiday allowance 22 days with lieu days for weekend work as may be required.
Closing date for applications 18/8/17
Applications should be made using the application form, available from www.mountainboot.co.uk/careers