Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd specialise in the design, contract manufacture and supply of imported technical outdoor clothing and equipment under two leading aspirational brands - Rab and Lowe Alpine.
Due to the Company’s continued growth we have a rare opportunity for Head of Buying to join our passionate and professional team based at our Head Office in Alfreton, Derbyshire, close to junction 28 on the M1.
Overseeing the Buying function you will be responsible for execution of the seasonal Buy Plan, ensuring that deadlines are met and product delivered on time, whilst proactively developing close relationships with stakeholders and ensuring compliance with official bodies.
- Managing a team of 6 professionals, 4 Merchandisers (1 Senior), 1 Supply Chain Co-Ordinator, 1 x Fabric Assistant.
- Responsible for execution of the seasonal Buy Plan, and in conjunction with the external sales team, that the deadlines are met and product delivered on time.
- Maintain and develop mutually beneficial relationships with the Far East supplier base whilst keeping a robust supply chain with 1st Tier (Factory) and 2nd Tier (Fabric Mill).
- Develop a close relationship with other departments and supply chain stakeholders to ensure supply is kept as efficient as possible.
- Demonstrate an “end to end” big picture thinking understanding who can spot opportunity and problem alike, in a complex, fast moving supply chain.
- Maintaining the product portfolios of both Brands including management and maintenance of SKU/barcode and other base data, through to BOM and tariff classifications used by other departments internally.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least 5-years previous experience in a similar position is essential together with strong commercial awareness, preferably within the outdoor industry.
- A degree in a relevant discipline would be desirable.
- Strong ERP system experience, ideally Navision and with a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to or knowledge of technical garments and the deadline drive, critical path for seasonal campaigns.
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, and compel the team to follow your lead.
- Dynamic approach to problem solving / trend spotting and analytical interpretation within the boundaries of a detailed seasonal plan.
- Strong decision making ability, 99% fact based with the ability to take a key decision in difficult circumstances
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please click here
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st June 2018