Amer Sports (www.amersports.com) is a sporting goods company with internationally recognised brands including Salomon, Wilson, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Mavic, Suunto and Precor. The company’s technically-advanced sports equipment, footwear and apparel improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities. The Group’s business is balanced by its broad portfolio of sports and products and a presence in all major markets. Amer Sports shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki stock exchange (AMEAS).
POSITION TITLE: Field Sales Manager South Region
LOCATION: Field based (HQ in Frimley Surrey)
As Field Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving sales growth in the South of England by leading and coaching sales representatives to achieve the sales potential of the territory.
- Achieving the regional sales plan across the Amer Sports portfolio through the day-to-day management and professional development of field sales representatives.
- Developing a highly skilled sales team through expert coaching on Amer Sports products, programs, territory management, account planning, call planning, selling process execution and tool utilisation.
- Identifying opportunities to drive cross-category growth and coaching the sales representatives on how to achieve this growth.
- Setting of clear and actionable short-term goals for each representative to maximise performance.
- Fostering a competitive, results-oriented sales culture while enforcing the highest ethical standards and customer care.
- Winning through the team rather than personal salesmanship, and enabling sales representatives to sell to their accounts successfully.
- Reporting progress on the business regularly and defining action plans.
- Being part of the lead team of the UK and part of the European field sales manager community.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business relevant field and/or relevant corporate sales development programs or equivalent
- Min. 5 years’ experience in field sales of FMCG with a majority of this experience working in sales to retailers (B2B2C)
- Min. 3 years’ experience in managing the performance and development of a team of sales representatives
- Profound knowledge and understanding of sales processes, mechanisms and tools
- Successful management experience within an international matrix organisation
- Professional background in sports or outdoor industry is beneficial
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- Desirable to live within 2 hour travelling time of Frimley.
- Planning and organising
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- An interesting role in a challenging industry
- Career progression opportunities
- An opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
Please apply online or via email at email@example.com.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. When making the application please state your salary expectation related to this role.
Amer Sports UK Ltd aims to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Entry into the Amer Sports UK Ltd business and progression within it, will be determined solely by personal merit, and the application of criteria which are related to the effective performance of the job and the needs of the business. All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.