Mission Statement: “Together, each one of us will make a better, safer product for our customers”
DMM is a company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells high quality equipment for use in climbing, mountaineering, tree care, working at height, rope access and rescue. DMM strives to achieve the highest levels of quality, innovation, and service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional and experienced sales representative to work nationally and independently as part of our expanding sales team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a proactive approach and the ability to achieve targets and deliver growth. Initially, you will be working independently on the road selling our products.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for hitting monthly sales targets.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organisation’s products/services.
- Makes in-person visits, presentations and telephone calls to existing and prospective customers.
- Delivers proposed schedules in advance and updates sales calendar accordingly.
- Creates and manages a customer list/plan for existing customers; highlighting profile, geography and value and uses it to plan the sales schedule.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyses the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the organisation.
- Identifies competitive advantages and compares organisation’s products/services.
- Plans and organises personal sales strategy by maximising the return on time investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Essential to your success in the role will be the ability to demonstrate
- Proven track record of at least 2 years sales experience.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Can work in a team and on her/his initiative.
- Good communication skills both with customers and office support.
- Good organisational, planning and negotiation skills.
- Driver with a full UK car licence.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, background and experience and enjoy life on the road we are really keen to hear more about you. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own career. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, an excellent benefits package and a full training plan.
Interested applicants should apply in the first instance with a letter of interest, a CV and any additional information that you feel is relevant.
Applications and current C.V. and portfolio to be sent to:
Group HR Manager
DMM is an Equal Opportunities Employer