SportPursuit serves its community of over 5 million active men and women across Europe with their daily fix of exclusive deals on the best sports, outdoor and endurance brands, inspiring customers to treat themselves to exceptional products and amazing prices.
We're looking for an experienced, bright and enthusiastic Category Manager/Senior Buyer to lead our Outdoors team. Category Manager’s mission is to present the SportPursuit brand in a strong and compelling manner to all suppliers, ensuring we always have a great range of top brands at unbeatable prices for our customers to shop.
Located at Workspace’s flagship hub in Kennington Park next to the Oval Cricket ground, this is an exciting time to join SportPursuit, a member of the Future Fifty, the UK's leading programme for late-stage digital businesses.
- Be the market and category expert
- Understand the competition and creatively identify new brands and products that represent what our members want to be featured on the SportPursuit website
- Produce tailored presentations illustrating the value of the SportPursuit business to each targeted brand, highlighting the premium route to market that SportPursuit can create for them, sharing the successes of the business with these brands and showcasing SportPursuit's unique points of difference
- Manage ongoing relationships with suppliers, aiming for growth in line with category budget by understanding potential revenue opportunities that could benefit both parties
- Deliver on margin targets
- Directly manage a Category team
- Build the Outdoor category calendar by supplier aiming to secure at least 50 flash sales promotions per month. Work closely with your merchandisers to proactively manage the calendar of submissions and identify and communicate product needs to the team to support the planning of weekly flash sales
- Work closely with other functional teams, in particular Logistics, Customer Service and Accounts to ensure smooth post sale process for both customers and suppliers
- Develop new growth strategies and sub-categories to drive revenues, margin and member engagement
Full job description will be provided.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Financially astute, numerate, analytical with great attention to detail
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
- High levels of integrity with strong sense of team orientation
- Confident, outgoing and energetic
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, able to work to high standards without supervision
- Great presenter and communicator, with strong relationship building capabilities
- Commercially honed skills – able to make a significant contribution to the business
- Passionate about sport, knowledgeable about the specific category
- Strong buying network and brand/supplier/category experience is preferable but not essential
- Excellent influencing and people skills, the ability to present a compelling brand proposition and secure the very best deals from suppliers
- Workplace pension - we're set up with The Peoples Pension to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement.
- Culture – if you love being active you’ll love our office, with yoga once a week, running clubs and our annual sports day.
- Holiday – 22 days of holiday a year, and we encourage you take it. We’ll also throw in an extra day off for your birthday.
- Socials – A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- The Workspace complex – kitted out with showers, a cafe, and a Pure Gym.
SportPursuit is the UK’s leading private shopping community for sports men and women. We negotiate amazing offers on the best sports products and services from the world’s leading sports brands and offer them to our members in week long ‘flash’ sales. Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall; this gives our brands the confidence to deliver exclusive offers to our members whilst protecting their brands and their full price retailers from continual discounting.
If you’re ambitious, talented, and want to shape the future of the business but don’t mind getting your hands dirty this could be just the place for you.
To apply please click here
Start date: ASAP
Location: Oval – South London
Salary: Competitive salary and bonus
Closing date 27th April 2019